Getting here - Preston City Centre
Preston sits at the geographical centre of the UK with unrivalled transport connection.
Positioned in the heart of Lancashire's transport network, Preston offers excellent connectivity, making it easy to travel to and from the city.
Preston is easy to travel to with motorways connecting the city to the north, south, east and west.
You can reach Preston from the following motorways:
- M6 - The M6 connects the North with the South and provides easy access into Preston and its city centre from major towns and cities. Some of these places include London, Liverpool, Lancaster, and the Lake District
- M55 - If travelling from the West, the M55 connects Blackpool to Preston
- M65 - The M65 links the East with Preston, ideal for those travelling from many towns and cities in the East, including Blackburn, Burnley, and Colne
- M61 - The M61 makes Preston easily accessible via Manchester and other Northern locations, including Manchester airport
Getting to Preston by rail makes a convenient option with Preston Train Station being a principal station on the West Coast Main Line from London to Glasgow.
Routes to Preston run from London Euston, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow and Edinburgh, with a direct link travelling to Manchester Airport.
For train times and prices visit National Rail or Trainline for Business.
Preston is well positioned within an hour's drive of the following major airports:
- Manchester International Airport (approximately 50 minutes by car and linked by rail)
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport (approximately 50 minutes by car)
City centre parking
Parking in Preston City Centre is straightforward thanks to a number of options. For further details of city centre car parks see Visit Preston - Preston city centre parking.